OBGYN and Women’s Care Services
At Madison Women’s Health, we provide a full spectrum of care for women’s bodies. We work closely with you to recommend services for you based on your particular health needs. With our services ranging from the early teen years all the way to advanced women’s care post-menopausal, we can help you become the best version of yourself. Know that you are in good hands with us.
Well Woman Care
One of the major health services we provide at Madison Women’s Health is examinations for women, also referred to as Well Woman exams. The goal of this visit is to provide a tailored, health screening examination, including a Pap smear when appropriate, and clinical breast exam. It also offers an opportunity to ensure that women are up-to-date on preventive health screenings.
We offer our patients to the convenience of seeing doctors at Madison Women’s Health for everyday health ailments. After selecting one of our OBGYN as your Primary Care Physician, we have a convenience option for patients to see our Family Medicine physician, Heather Irwin or Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner, Stephanie Brasser APNP.
What are some examples of reasons I can see Expanded Care?
- General Health Screenings
- Minor Illnesses
- Chronic Health Problems
Pregnancy Care for a Madison Woman
Planning for Pregnancy
When pregnancy is planned, there is an opportunity to optimize your health prior to becoming pregnant. This can be beneficial to both you and your baby. For this reason, we ask that you call to schedule a “Preconception Appointment.” Please contact your insurance company to see if this appointment is available. Please call us at (608) 729-6300 to schedule. Ideally this appointment is several months before you are planning to start trying to become pregnant.
First of all, Congratulations! We hope that this is good news for you; please talk with us if you are having difficulty with the discovery that you are pregnant.
While the information is still fresh please jot down the following:
- when your last menstrual period started
- how many days it usually is between periods (start of one to the start of another)
- when you feel you may have conceived
- when you first had a positive pregnancy test.
- Home pregnancy tests are generally very reliable; this does not need to be repeated in our office.
Please call our office at (608) 729-6300 as soon as possible to schedule your “First OB” visit. We generally try to see you around 8 weeks from the start of your last period.
After your first visit, which is generally the longest and most comprehensive, you will have regular visits with your primary physician. While the schedule of visits can be individualized to your particular situation, we generally recommend seeing you once a month for the first two trimesters (until 28 weeks), then every two weeks until the last month. At that point, we will see you weekly until your baby is born. In the third trimester, you will have an opportunity to meet the other physicians prior to your anticipated labor and birth.
Your delivery will be tailored specifically to the needs of you and your baby.
After your delivery, you’ll have at least one routinely schedule follow up with your Madison Women’s Health physicians.
As trained specialists, the physicians at Madison Women’s Health offer a comprehensive range of surgical options tailored to each patient’s needs.
The physicians of Madison Women’s Health have specialty training in comprehensive Obstetrics and Gynecology. Our scope of services includes:
- Adolescent Gynecology
- Well woman care
- Pre-pregnancy counseling
- Obstetrical care (care throughout your pregnancy)
- Post-partum care (after delivery of baby)
- Evaluation of abnormal pap smear (colposcopy)
- Treatment of abnormal pap smear
- LEEP (loop electrosurgical excisional procedure)
- Cone biopsy
- Contraceptive counseling and therapy
- Oral contraceptive
- Hormonal patch (Ortho-evra)
- Hormonal ring (Nuvaring)
- Injectable contraceptive (Depo-provera)
- Barrier methods
- Intrauterine device (IUD)
- Hormonal (Mirena/Skyla)
- Non-hormonal (Paragard)
- Tubal ligation
- Endometrial biopsy
- Management of heavy and/or irregular menses
- Evaluation and treatment of uterine fibroids
- Treatment of endometriosis (Surgical & Non-surgical)
- Evaluation and treatment of ovarian cysts
- Evaluation and treatment of pelvic pain (Surgical & Non-surgical)
- Evaluation and treatment of urinary incontinence (Surgical & Non-surgical)
- Peri-menopausal Medicine
- Post-menopausal Medicine